lpd+samba question

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Thu Jul 19 16:31:54 UTC 2012

I didn't try by myself, but what about something like

print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -J"%J" -U"%I" -r %f

in smb.conf?

I'm sorry to say that you additionally probably have to change

/usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr/common_source/ctlinfo.c

near line 87 to

#define OTHER_USERID_CHARS  "-_."  /* special chars valid in a userid */

and to recompile lpd:

cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr
make clean
make install

At less I've to do so to make the dot "." a valid character within a user
name.

Hope this helps and best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2 at gwdg.de