fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jul 19 14:57:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:26:57 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > agencies recover overwritten data?" at
> >
> >   http://www.nber.org/sys-admin/overwritten-data-gutmann.html
>
> at first - it should be asked "can agencies recover your data without
> being overwritten" first.

Sure, because it's stored on Facebook & in the Cloud. :-)

> Finally use geli (or similar method) ALWAYS, no matter if you have highly
> important data, naked girls photos or just games. Just to say NO to
> any government agencies that terrorize you using your own money.
>
> At least in Poland you are not required by law to provide any passwords.
> Encryption is legal.

That depends on local legislation. As you said, it's legal in
Poland, but it's not in the UK anymore, if I understood it
correctly.

Related article, I thought I'd share it with the list:

http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/

It also contains a link to the actual law.

> Can all paranoid here finally put their hard drives to fire so they will
> heat over curie point, and then - end that offtopic?

Why pollute the environment with fire? What's wrong with a good
old-fashioned hammer session, executed on the disk platters? :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany