fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Thu Jul 19 10:49:53 UTC 2012

> Otherwise, you may run the danger of building a wall around yourself.

everyone should judge by his/her own brain which opinions are right.

Actually in every moment i try to encourage EVERYONE to turn on his/her
brain that we all have but rarely use.

To be ever able to use ones brain properly all "widely known truth",
"standard practices" etc.. should be forgotten at least for a moment.

Mantras are always against clear thinking and understanding.

The most important repeated mantra i am righting is that FreeBSD (or any
Free unix) should be "easier to newbies".

This already killed linux long time ago, NetBSD too, and going to kill
FreeBSD.

Most of "newbies" are not the ones that are likely to learn anything.
They want click-click interface to install and run something so they can
add "FreeBSD knowledge" to their CV.

They can do ONLY harm to FreeBSD.

Some get hired and results in problems described in thread "Help solving
the sysadm's nightmare" for the man hired after them..

> While it is not a case here, I have seen few people on other lists to do
> the same just because they were not able to comprehend a topic discussed, and
> in frustration they killfiled the person involved.

it's still nothing wrong to add a rule to redirect someones (mine) mail to
/dev/null, but the way they do this:

- showing whole world they do this
- showing whole world their .procmailrc (so happy they finally learnt procmail?)
- performing personal attacks every time they disagree.

Doesn't look like serious people's behavior.