fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Tue Jul 17 09:48:00 UTC 2012

On 07/17/2012 11:36 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>>> It appears I was mistaken.
>>
>> Care to elaborate? Most people on this list seem to speak highly of
>> SpinRite.
>
> first - it is off topic.
> second - because all commercial software like that are designed for
> uneducated user, mostly try to automatically do everything. Which is a
> danger not help.

Hi
This is an old story.
You can look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpinRite
and the talk page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ASpinRite

http://allthatiswrong.wordpress.com/2009/10/11/steve-gibson-is-a-fraud/

I have never used this "tool" because dd has always sufficed.
Even with an almost end of hardware life (takketaketakke noise generating)
disk I have been able to create an image (even with hitting the disk case
because heads got stuck) and rescue data from it with plain dd. This has
been more then 8 years ago, since then I make sure to always have multiple
good back-ups

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email