How to mirror the FreeBSD OS on two disks

Joseph Lenox lordofhyphens at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:20:45 UTC 2012

What about a ZFS root? Just make sure both disks are in the BIOS/EFT
boot order.
http://www.aisecure.net/2011/11/28/root-zfs-freebsd9/

Something else we noticed on our site is that backup of a system
snapshot can be quickly restored using just a live CD (do up to step 5,
then replace steps 6-7 with a zfs receive of the desired snapshot).

On 07/11/2012 04:18 AM, miles kuo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two SAS disks for the FreeBSD install. I want to install the freeBSD
> on one disk and mirror to another disk. Just like the AIX Mirror.
>
> Any changes will sync between the two disks. And if  one disk crashed or
> disconnected, the OS could continue running on another disk.
>
> Does the FreeBSD support the disk mirror? How to implement it?

--Joseph Lenox, BS, MS
I'm an engineer. I solve problems.