FreeBSD vs Hurd what is the differences?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Jul 5 09:36:16 UTC 2012

Hi,
Reference:

Carsten Mattner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:
> > Carsten Mattner wrote:

> >> Can someone post the content of that link.
> >> I only see a stack of "This page was viewed ...." but no actual content.
> >
> > Thats what shows with lynx
> >
> > Firefox shows some boring page beginnning
> > ---------
> > The tables below, list some of Google's eclectic mix of open source luminaries grouped by project.
> >
> > No doubt I've forgotten some, so don't hesitate to contact me with corrections/additions.
> >
> > Note also this list of Google's open source projects.
> >
> > Python
> >

> > Guido Van Rossum
> >

> > Python creator
> >
> > Alex Martelli
> >

> > Python Cookbook, ...
> >
> > Brett Cannon
> >

> > Python
> >
> > Jeremy Hylton
> >

> > Zope
> > --------
> > I'll skip the rest, Yawn.
> >

> > Firefox also runs some script.
> > Doing a page save & tar cf ends with a tar image containing
> >         datetime|datetime-local|email|hidden|month|number|password|range|search|tel|te
>
> Where did you find that?

I clicked File
save page
presumably I left it at default Complete page
Then I tarred up file & directory
then I inspected with vi.

> Since when can Firefox read random files from
> disk via Javascript?

I don't know.
I've just always had a reflex suspicion of bowsers that can run scripts.
On my infinitely long mental list of things to look into some time ;-)

> > I've long been thinking I / one should run firefox inside a chroot or jail
> > to it can't harvest ?
>
> I did suspect this is some kind of bot spam.

Yup, the original question seemed too clueless.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".