Tweetless

Subhro Sankha Kar subhro at 80386.org
Thu Jul 5 05:02:10 UTC 2012

On 04-Jul-2012, at 7:44 PM, Lars Eighner wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Subhro Sankha Kar wrote:

Let us for a minute assume that there is nothing wrong with FF. How about installing Firebug and see in the "Net" tab that what precisely is happening when you load the Twitter main page? Is it waiting for apparently no reason at a particular place? Also, not strictly required, but can you also pass the traffic through something like LiveHTTPHeaders and post a traffic dump? As a third step, run a "pcap" session and see what is happening on the wire/air ?

> Adapter Description
>       GLXtest process failed (exited with status 1): GLX version older /
> than the required 1.3
>
> WebGL Renderer:
>       Blocked for your graphics card because of unresolved driver issues.
>
> GPU Accelerated Windows: 0. Blocked for your graphics driver version. /
>       Try updating your graphics driver to version /
>       <Anything with EXT_texture_from_pixmap support> or newer.

This probably means that none of the "advanced" rendering stuff work on your X setup.

> The only drivers that work with this machine (Intel G33) are intel and vesa.
> The intel driver does occasionally freeze X entirely requiring a boot, but
> this is not what happens when trying to load twitter pages.

This is a completely distinct problem but probably it would be interesting to try and figure out why Graphics Acceleration is not working. I have very limited experience with Intel Graphics chipsets. In the i915 days, there used to be something called AIGLX which required some explicit configuration in xorg.conf. Could you check on that?

Thanks
--
Subhro Sankha Kar
System Administrator