video buffer location

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 4 22:27:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 22:34:21 +0200
Harald Weis wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 05:46:00PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>
>  > I would recommend you to remove flash at all. It actually improves
>  > web browsing experience, removing problems with constant CPU load
>  > because you have few tabs with flash crap running, and will teach
>  > you good habit of actually OWN all  interesting things ON YOUR
>  > DISK, not "on the internet" that happens to disappear in a short
>  > time.
>
> Great idea. Thank you. The difference is really tremendous. I've added
> though a tiny script to switch flash off and on with nspluginwrapper.
> Could be useful on some occasion.

Actually Opera already has a setting: "Enable plug-ins only on
demand" (under preferences->advanced->content). It disables all
plugins by default and you can click on an individual placeholder to
enable a plug-in for a specific object, so you can watch a flash
movie or turn on a flash navigation menu without having to turn-on any
flash adverts on the same page.