Jailed slapd process not visible with ps within a jail

Matthias Petermann matthias at d2ux.net
Wed Jul 4 12:05:53 UTC 2012

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your response.

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:05:00 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> What does
>
>     # ps -uxp 6255
>
> show, from within the jail?  (if you've restarted slapd since,
> substitute the current PID, obviously.)

This is funny, I restarted the whole system since my last mail and now I cannot reproduce the issue. The process shows up in both the host and the jail.

When I had the issue I also tried the ps aux without grep but did not see the process too. Actually the jail is very thin, so this could be overseen. Following man(1) the -p switch does apply a filter by process id, I guess the process should have been visible also without?

Kind regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Petermann <matthias at d2ux.net>