zip to exe utility

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 15:59:40 UTC 2012

Hi All

I have spent a good while looking for a utility that needs to perform a very specific task, I need to take a zip file and convert it in to self-extracting archive that can be distributed to Windows client machines.

There are some specific requirements that it has to fulfil:-

Specify the extraction location when the file is created e.g. e:\foldername
The extraction process needs to be able to operate silently with no end user interaction.

I have had a trawl through the archiver ports and nothing obvious stood out to me as fitting the bill.

Regards
Graeme