Trouble upgrading packages after 9.0 upgrade

David Jackson djackson452 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:06:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Joshua Isom <jrisom at gmail.com> wrote:

> It should be 9.0-release.  I suspect a problem with pkg_upgrade any not
> FreeBSD.
>
> Install misc/compat8x and you won't need to upgrade all the ports at once,
> they'll still work.

Yes But I want to be able to upgrade the binary packages all at once. The
fact is, it shouldnt be that hard. This should work right out of the box. I
should not have to configure anything for this to work. Why can't FreeBSD
make something so basic work out of the box? It is important for having a
useable OS to be able to install and upgrade everythinbg from binary
packages out of the box like can be done on Ubuntu.

I dont know whats wrong with this freebsd 9.0-release stuff or how to fix
that error message. Your response does not tell me how to fix it. The thing
is, I should not have to fix this because it should work out of the box.