[dvd+rw-tools-7.1] Failure to burn disks: SK=5h/INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sat Jan 28 12:40:37 UTC 2012

While burning the DVD+R DL with the command 'growisofs -dvd-compat
-speed=4 -Z /dev/cd0=$1' on 9.0-STABLE I am getting this error:
  8333492224/8407351452 (99.1%) @4.0x, remaining 0:14 RBU 100.0% UBU  57.1%
  8352301056/8407351452 (99.3%) @4.1x, remaining 0:10 RBU 100.0% UBU  53.1%
  8371240960/8407351452 (99.6%) @4.1x, remaining 0:06 RBU 100.0% UBU  55.1%
  8387395584/8407351452 (99.8%) @3.5x, remaining 0:03 RBU  59.6% UBU  53.1%
  8406237184/8407351452 (100.0%) @4.1x, remaining 0:00 RBU   3.4% UBU  61.2%
:-[ WRITE at LBA=3ea3c0h failed with SK=5h/INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE]:
Invalid argument
:-( write failed: Invalid argument

It failed 3 times.
Size of the iso image is 8407351452.

Device is:  cd0: <PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-112D 1.21> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0
device

I did burn DVDs successfully using the same drive, the same batch of
empty writable DVDs and the same command on 8.X. I am not sure if this
is because of 9.0 or because of this specific disk image.

Do you know what may be a problem? Do you burn DVDs successfully?

Yuri