php5 port seems broken

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at jokefire.com
Mon Jan 23 00:50:34 UTC 2012

Hello again,

Thanks for your input. Before attempting to install php on this machine I updated my ports tree with csvsup. But following the steps in this article helped me to get past this point.

http://icesquare.com/wordpress/freebsdproblem-to-update-php-port/

Which was basically:

#sudo rm -Rf /var/db/portsnap/*
#sudo portsnap fetch extract
#sudo portsnap fetch update
#cd /usr/ports/distfiles/
#sudo wget http://fi.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
#cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
#sudo make

That was all I had to do. :)

However I'm onto a new stumbling block, so if you're still tuned in I hope you don't mind if I bounce this off the list.

It seems that Apache 2.2 is not recognizing PHP now that it's installed.

If I go to a php test page in a web browser this is all I see:

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>

These are the contents of the file I am hitting:

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>

I checked to see that in my main apache config file (httpd.conf) I have this line:

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so

And of course I've restarted apache after installing the php5 port. :)

And since apache isn't even recognizing php at this point hitting the test page does not generate any errors in the error logs.

Any thoughts/hits/suggestions from here?

thanks
tim