Gnome and sound

Peter Andreev andreev.peter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:27:46 UTC 2012

Hello, everybody!

I'm using FreeBSD 9.0 with Gnome. I have been trying to control my
soundcard via gnome-volume-control for two days and still without much
success.
Soundcard itself works great, the main problem is I can't change default
output via gui. That is every time I want to switch between headphones and
speakers, I have to run "sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=X" from console, where
X - is the number of needed output. Gnome-volume-control doesn't see
devices in "hardware" tab and choosing the right output in "output" tab has
no effect.
Another problem is that I don't know where to start search for solution
from.

Could somebody help me with my issue?

AP