Browser

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Jan 12 20:51:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 02:30:46PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	i hope this isn't too far offtopic, but here's the
> 	situation: i need a tts reader to read text to me in some
> 	cases.  i have been using one that is good-enough.  but it's
> 	author says that this firefox 'addon' will not work with
> 	firefox-9.  So: does anybody know of a browser with a
> 	builtin text-to-speech reader?  i have searched ff and found
> 	no other such readers.

I was hoping someone else might have an answer to this.  I figured I'd
chip in at this point just to say that I don't know of any mainstream
browsers, nor any browsers that I've tried out to see if they'd make a
good replacement for Firefox, that does any text-to-speech "natively".  I
think I remember hearing about such a beast a while back (three or four
years), but do not recall anything about it due to the fact I do not need
one.  Good luck in your search.