Network throughput

Mike Woods mike at geofront.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:39:08 UTC 2012

Hi guys, Been a while since i've had need to post to the list :)

I'm trying to gather network throughput information on a box of ours
and I'm having a little problem, the throughput is to be measured on a
per-minute basis and i've been trying to use netstat for this (count
now - count before/timeperiod) however netstats byte counter resets
far too quickly to be usefull (this is a busy gb link), i've had a
look at vnstat but this only seems to operation on an hour or higher
and I need to get down to the minute, does anyone have any suggestions
of a tool better suited to this ?