FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation

Walter Alejandro Iglesias roquesor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:33:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 09:55:04PM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 02:07:36PM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
> > Quoth Chad Perrin on Tuesday, 03 January 2012:
> > >
> > > So . . . please start with the denotative meanings of words, consider
> > > your audience, and use words accordingly.  If you wish to use a term
> > > differently than how it is understood, make sure you clarify that fact up
> > > front.  If others refuse to go along with it, find a different term to
> > > use that can better convey the meaning you wish to convey.
> > >

> > If everyone followed your advice here, Chad, then 99% of the arguments on the
> > Internet would evaporate.
>
> Thanks for noticing!
>
> --
> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]

Well Chad, you crossed the line.  I don't need any
"clarification" to understand this last statement like a poor
insult.  Let's do an exercise; you need it:

1) "popularity"	"demagogy"	"rights"
2) "lawyer"	"demand"	"rights"

By analogy:

1) "bicycle"	"road"		"wheel"
2) "Unix"	"groups"	"wheel"

See?

In that first paragraph where I mention "rights" in
a "popular" context, I am exactly denoting the bad use people do
of the word "rights".  You killed the messenger.

Talking about an "audience" is beyond my goal.  I expect just a
human being on the other side; not necessary too much cleaver or
cultivated just not having a MS Word Spelling Checker by brain
is enough.   So, I will not waste my time in quoting, sub
quoting and meta quoting myself with "this is a metaphor; this
is a sarcasm; this is a hyperbole; this is a joke" to the
infinite; I made this in the past with people like you and I
know that it is a waste of time.

Anyway, thanks for your teachings.

	Walter