FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jan 3 15:14:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:01:47 -0600, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:46:54 -0600, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>
> > I would just like to add that is FreeBSD was so crappy open sour
> > software, why does it run half the Internet?
>
> This must be a mistake. I was just assured this weekend that FreeBSD is a
> niche OS.

Maybe consider the chance that a FreeBSD OS can be
turned into closed source (which the license explicitely
allows) and put into some embedded device, a router,
a DSL modem, a managed switch... In parts like this,
you won't recognize FreeBSD anymore. If you consider
such devices "niche devices", think again: You'll
find them near any Internet-connected computer and
among the bowels of the whole Internet. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany