buildworld error 8.2-STABLE amd64

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Mon Jan 2 06:19:17 UTC 2012

Janos Dohanics wrote on 31.12.2011 19:56:
> Buildworld stopped with this error (with updated source):
>
> [...]
> cc "-O3"  -DNEED_SOLARIS_BOOLEAN
[...]
> I have posted the build log at
> http://wwwp.3dresearch.com/ALMAVIVA2011123101_buildworld
>
> Would you please advise?

Quoting /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf:

# CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
# Note that optimization settings other than -O and -O2 are not recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" or "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing"
# before submitting bug reports without patches to the developers.

The error you're seeing is a result from using O3 for building the
source in question -- At least my 8.2-STABLE ran into the same problem,
once I used O3, instead of the default '-O2 -pipe'.

MfG CoCo