Thinkpad w500 microphone with Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun Jan 1 23:01:26 UTC 2012

On 01/01/2012 15:23, Lyubomir Grigorov wrote:
> I assume you are using Skype with linuxator? In this case, are the sound
> devices in Skype set to "OSS"? From the PC-BSD forum, the following got sound
> working for me, since OSS wasn't showing as an option:

hmm.  well. thats a good quesiton (with linuxulator?) now that you
mention it.
The port is marked BROKEN.  and if you unmark it as such you can't get
the distfiles.  So I pulled them off a machine I had it one from some
time (years?) back and built it.  It built fine.  Runs fine.  Digging
into var/db/pkg/skype* ... +CONTENTS says linux this and that....  so
I'd dare to say yes then.

There does not seem to be a config option in Skype that I can find to
set it to use OSS.  Just says '/dev/dsp' and /dev/dsp0'.

> # pkg_add -r linux-f10-alsa-plugins-oss
> # cp /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf-dist
>  /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/

I'm not seeing the above in the ports tree.  :/