zpool not grabbing hot spare

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:14:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Randy Schultz spaketh thusly:

-}
-}I thought the spare was supposed to come online and be resilvered
-}automatically.  Did I miss some config thing
-}or did I just misunderstand how the hot spare bit works?

Gah.  Forgot to check the beasty forums (tnx Mark for the gentle poke).  For any others not aware, the docs
all say the spare is hot, but this is not accurate.  See

   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2012-January/013428.html

Heh, shows how much I've been paying attention - I didn't even realize there was a freebsd-fs list.  "But I'm
feeling much better now".  ;>

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

nosce te ipsum