Email issues, relay failure

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Mon Feb 27 17:09:26 UTC 2012

On 2/27/12 12:00 PM, Bender, Chris wrote:

> How would I whitelist SMTP speakers?

You're invited to read the documentation.  The Book of PF: A No-Nonsense
Guide to the OpenBSD Firewall, 2nd ed., is also rather informative,
although one has to keep in mind that the version of PF in FreeBSD lags
that in OpenBSD.

> I am thinking it would be ok to reload the rules, would that clear the
> issue with SMTP users for now?
> Whats the harm?

The universe might grind to a halt.  This would upset a great many
people.  This outcome, however, is exceedingly unlikely.

Again, with no clue as to what's in pf.conf, I could offer only the
vaguest guesses based in part on my judged competence of the author of
your pf.conf.  Since your pf.conf appears to have possibly destroyed
your e-mail infrastructure, the preliminary assessment is a bit shaky.

--
--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com