Email issues, relay failure

Bender, Chris chris_bender at cellularatsea.com
Mon Feb 27 16:45:35 UTC 2012

Yes after a few minutes the email in question begins to flow.

AT some point in the past some of the postfix boxes behind the firewall
Where turned off. This caused the fw, I believe to think it was being
Attacked because it had nowhere to push the smtp traffic.

I believe that is why on several IPs I see TIME_WAITING for the
connections.

I was thinking about just reloading the pf.conf but I have never worked
with pf so
I am worried other things might break. My thought was by doing that the
Adaptive part of the pfctl would be restarted?

Does that make sense would reloading the rules wash the adaptive
behavior away or
Would all that still be in some sort of bruteforce file to protect the
firewall?

Thanks