apache22 + php5 (package not ports) ~ spawn-fcgi ?

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:13:33 UTC 2012

thank you for your respond - that's my plan b
i'd like to know if i can exercise my plan a first:
i already have installed apache22, php5 as package (pkg_add) without
having them build through /usr/ports (i know how everyone likes ports
around here).
i want to see if it's possible to have a link between apache22 and
php5 with using packages only (i.e. without /usr/ports) and since
mod_php is mia for whatever reason(s) i want to see if fastcgi can be
used and PHP-FPM isn't available in packages too (i'm start thinking
packages sucks comparing to /usr/ports) basically my last resort (at
least that i know of to try) is to go with spawn-fcgi. i dont have
alot of requirements but i do need apache22 + php5 to talk to each
others and i want to know if it can be done with pkg_add vs /usr/ports

http://alexus.org/