apache22 + php5 (package not ports) ~ spawn-fcgi ?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 01:20:26 UTC 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 5:14 PM, alexus wrote:
> is there a way to make apache22 w/ php5 without using /usr/ports?

Yes, you could download and build the sources yourself without using ports.
It wouldn't be any faster or easier, though.

> just using pkg_add -r apache22 && pkg_add -r php5

No.  The precompiled php5 package doesn't come with mod_php Apache module,
in part because there are many apache versions against which it might be compiled.

> maybe through spawn-fcgi somehow?

I suppose, or just normal CGI mechanism.

> anyone have a good example/docs how to do it?

  http://www.fastcgi.com/drupal/node/6

Regards,
--
-Chuck