CUPS 1.5.2 not working, like to test 1.4.x, how?

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Tue Feb 21 19:08:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:23:19 +0100
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:46:52 +0100, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> > Is there any documentation available on how to retrieve old ports
> > from the cvs-attic? I just don't know how, so that I could test my
> > assumption that CUPS 1.4.x should be working for my setup.
>
> There's a port to do so: portdowngrade. You can use
> it to obtain older versions of a port.
>
> (I've been using it successfully to downgrade xzgv
> to a working version.)

Thanks a lot. In my case, it meant finding out that you have to rebuild
INDEX, downgrading the cups-base and cups-client port to 1.4.8 and then
rebuidling the chain. Boiled down to 5m of actual work and some more
waiting for the compile ... I have now cups 1.4.8 and am functional with
a Kyocera 1030D connected via usb.

So, thank you again, hava a nice week, cheers
--
Christopher
TZ GMT +1h