advanced programming unix environment (pracct.c:31: error: storage size of 'acdata' isn't known)

Danilo Almeida sengflex at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:20:51 UTC 2012

I think I found the reason for the reported error. In the file
'pracct.c' variable 'acdata' is declared as 'struct acct'. This
structure must be in header 'acct.h', in sub-directory
'/usr/include/sys'. But it is not. In that header there are two similar
structures instead: 'struct acctv2' and 'struct acctv1'. Thus,
'pracct.c' is outdated. The question is which of the two structures
replaces the 'struct acct' above. Forgive for my English. I am using
google translator. My native language is Portuguese. :-)