[OT] Build deps caching

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 12:46:18 UTC 2012

On 16/02/2012 12:38, Nikola Pavlović wrote:
>> Add this in portmaster.rc to do the deletion of build-only dependencies:
>> >
>> > PM_DEL_BUILD_ONLY=pw_dbo

> I assume this is a typo, it should be 'pm_dbo'?

Hmmm... maybe.  However, it doesn't matter what the variable is set to,
only that it's set to something.

> Skimming through the man page and getopts part of portmaster I don't see
> a way to exclude some build-deps from being uninstalled.  Am I missing
> something?  I'm not sure ATM, but there could be some of them that are
> only ever build dependencies but which I want to keep installed for whatever
> reason.

portmaster will only delete the build-only dependencies it installs in
the same session solely because they are required for building.  So
anything that was already installed, or anything you tell portmaster to
install explicitly will not be removed.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3