DRI for Radeon HD5450 on FreeBSD 9.0

Michael Grünewald michaelgrunewald at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 15 23:11:25 UTC 2012

Dear list,

I own a radeon HD5450 and I would like to know how well it is supported
by freeBSD 9, in partocular DRI and 3D accelaeration.

I have a fresh 9.0/amd64 on my machine and Xorg fails to initialise the
DRI.  It says (from Xorg-0.log):

(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
(II) RADEON(0): Setting screen physical size to 338 x 270

As the last line of the snippet displays it, I use radeon(4x) as driver.

I used the page

   http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/troubleshooting.html

to try to diagnose the problem and it seems that none of the driver agp
radeondrm and drm is able to initaialize correctly.

Can you enable DRI for HD5450 on FreeBSD 9.0 ?
Do you have some useful documentation to show me?

In any of these cases, I would say ``thanks!''
--
Best regards,
Michael