how can i offload a 600m file without graphic tools?

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Mon Feb 13 20:14:06 UTC 2012

> From owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org  Mon Feb 13 13:37:30 2012
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:32:07 -0800
> From: Gary Kline <kline at thought.org>
> Subject: how can i offload a 600m file without graphic tools?
>

> w can i move a file from my home filesystem to my one disc drive
> without using a GUI?  i don't have a graphic interface on my FBSD
> system and want to save a 600MB file to my cdrom?
>
> thanks for tips on what i have Long forgotten!

This is *intentionally* not a direct answer to your question.
This is 'how you can _FIND_ answers yourself', with only a little effort.
'questions' should be your -last- resort -- not your first -- for something
you haven't been able to figure out for yourself, and you *should* show
some effort at having _tried_ to solve it yourself.

You want a command to put files on a CDROM, right?

CDROMs use an ISO-9660 filesystem, right?

That gives some 'magic words' to search for --

Try "apropos '(cdrom|iso|9660)' | egrep '(1|8)' |more"

And see if any commands jump out at you -- maybe something with 'create'
in the description.   Read the manpage, for how to build a filesystem image
suitable for copying to a CD, and for a suggestion for a utility that will
write the image to the disk.