Wireless Problem

zaklinaczcipek128 zaklinaczcipek128 at o2.pl
Fri Feb 10 22:23:23 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm struggling with my wireless cards couple days and I can't figure out what's wrong. Following
I'm under FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE and ever since I've used it I can't connect to any wireless network. I've got Atheros NIC and under every other OS it works fine, even earlier when I were under FreeBSD 7.2 it worked well, but now I got weird issues. I read a lot of it. I followed handbook with no success. I can connect to the network (no difference if it secured or not) i get IP from DHCP but I can't even ping my router. All drivers are loaded, my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is all right, I even add a line to the /etc/resolve.conf. I've reinstalled FreeBSD 9.0 and first thing I wanted to check was my wireless and unfortunately, it's the same, not working, same problem. Does the FreeBSD9.0 has any hidden firewall which block my ping ? My router is find. Firstly, I thought I was a bug then I bought another NIC with Realtek 8187 chipset and things look the same. Both cards can scan networks with results, and they seem to work proper so any ideas what can be wrong ?