'rm' Can not delete files

Henry Olyer henry.olyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:34:22 UTC 2012

So what do I change if I want to increase the shell's file limit?

I use bash 4.

And by the way, for me, part of the normal installation of a new FBSD box
is to make certain changes.  For example, for "uniq -c" I use "%06" instead
of "%d" because this way I can sort the output.  Things like that.

I never learned a shell language.  I suppose no one is as dumb as someone
who choose's not to learn, so, what's the right one.  csh?, because I do a
lot of scientific work?, or should I be looking at another?