portshaker, listing updates and skipping broken/removed ports

Frank Staals frank at fstaals.net
Fri Feb 10 09:34:29 UTC 2012

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear folks,
>
> I have a question regarding portshaker.  I have successfully used
> Warren Block's script to make updates.
>
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/portupgrade.html
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/sbin/portsnap fetch update && \
> /usr/local/sbin/portmaster -L --index-only | egrep '(ew|ort)
> version|total install'
>
> How can I do the same with portshaker command?
>
> <snip>

Instead of running portsnap you can just use portshaker: something like
`portshaker -UIM' from the top of my head. I don't have access to a
system with portshaker on it atm (man portshaker is your friend). But
the idea is that you can tell portshaker to fetch updates for all trees
(including the official FreeBSD ports), and merge the trees. In any case
`man portshaker' is your friend.

Regards,

--

- Frank