inetd[1081]: ssh/tcp: bind: address already in use

Henry Olyer henry.olyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:39:56 UTC 2012

First, thank you folks for your help.  Each of you.

I been pretty much a glass terminal UN*X user since I started.  Now,
because of you guys and the people behind X and oh!, all those programs
that get linked in (three hours of package loading plus six hours of ports
downloading and compilation, I have a pretty nice Fvwm environment with
some nifty plotting.  (Though I wonder, is it better to be forced to
visualize the underlying curve's of a system without looking.  A
philosophical problem for another day...)

Second, I am getting:  inetd[1081]: ssh/tcp: bind: address already in use.
 What's the fix, please?

And third, about the intrusion.  I have already wiped the machine to
rebuild it.  But I noted the requested files, if their is a future incident.

I had used null passwords while I was loading FBSD software.  A practice I
shall never repeat.  me bad...