[solved]: journal timestamp

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Wed Feb 8 13:00:53 UTC 2012

> An amd64 running fbsd9-RC1 was shutdown overnight from the 'shutdown
> -p now' command.  It reported an unclean shutdown and I ran 'fsck
> -y'.  Still it will not boot and the message is "Journal timestamp
> does not match fs mount time".
>
> This is occurring for both /var and /usr.

Sporadic episodes of dd, mount, fsck and the like produced no results-
apparently if the journal is out of sync then FreeBSD offers no utility to
fix it.

With a new disk and install of FreeBSD9 then I could mount ufs /usr
read-only and copy files to the new installation and then with 'zfs list'
created a mount-point for the zfs disk and copied those files as well.

Darrel