Software Development using Freebsd.

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Tue Feb 7 19:55:39 UTC 2012

Le Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:37:37 -0600,
Jorge Biquez <jbiquez at intranet.com.mx> a écrit :

> Hello all.

Hi,

> Maybe I am wrong but until now I think my only option is to use
> Phyton. Is that correct? For what I have searched Python will let me
> create executables and will let me create Graphical solutions even
> for other platforms (Mac or LInux or whatever runs Python).
>
> Talking with friend, he believes that my best bet is to teach them C
> or C++ and use some of the options for developing graphically ( I am
> not a C or C++ expert but I can learn alone).
>
> I was wondering if you could give some advie and comments on this.
>
> Are you developing commercial applications (including Windows ones)
> using FreeBsd as your platform? Or Maybe any Linux Distribution?

It is hard to develop Windows application without Windows.

Why not java? For small applications it should run anywhere and it is
widely used. This is a language without surprise (not great, but also
not so bad).

I'm happy to develop on FreeBSD / OpenJDK / Netbeans, as far I can see
that works fine.

(To be honest, I would prefer good old C, but sometimes you don't have
the choice...)

Regards.