Software Development using Freebsd.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Feb 7 03:36:48 UTC 2012

>> Would you do that with Python or something else?

DDa> Depending on what you really need to solve decides your
DDa> language. Others have offered advice here, but may I suggest Perl?
DDa> For most data and its proven ability to handle/match string data it
DDa> is very useful. And using tk it will run on windows as well.

At this point, there's absolutely nothing that Python can do that Perl
can't, and very likely vice versa.

However, from personal experience, I know that Larry Wall understands
Object Oriented Programming, and Guido definitely doesn't get it.
Obviously, other people have worked on both languages, but keep that in
mind.  I can present my evidence of how Guido doesn't get it in a longer
post, if prompted.