ath and how to control wireless light

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:34:16 UTC 2012

On Feb 5, 2012 3:38 PM, "Chris Whitehouse" <cwhiteh at onetel.com> wrote:

> On 04/02/2012 16:49, Waitman Gobble wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Chris Whitehouse<cwhiteh at onetel.com>
 wrote:

>>> button_with_light and it just works. None of the sysctl oids above occur
>>> though. Maybe I'll swap wireless cards between the two and see what
happens.

>>> What is the output of sysctl -a |grep led ?
>>> You'll get lots of "enabled's" but there might be something that relates
>>> to led's.
>>>
>>> I had to change ledpin from default of 0 to 3 before any of the other
ones
>>> had any effect.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply anyway.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>

>> Oh thats a good idea :) Thanks
>>
>> here's what someone recommended :
>>
>> dev.ath.0.ledpin=3
>> dev.ath.0.softled=1
>>
>> but here are some extras i found from sysctl -a that i will check out:
>>
>> dev.ath.0.ledon: 0
>> dev.ath.0.ledidle: 2700
>> dev.ath.0.hardled: 0
>> dev.ath.0.led_net_pin: -1
>> dev.ath.0.led_pwr_pin: -1
>>
>> Waitman Gobble
>> San Jose California USA
>>
> I would give them a try. Set dev.ath.0.ledpin=3 then experiment. If you
can't get any response try different values for ledpin or one of the other
led*pin.

> I can't read source code :( but maybe you can get more info out of the
code you posted.

> Chris

cool. when i have some more time ill see about modifying the the code to
make a little "flicker light" diagnostic tool, use to try to figure out
correct settings i guess. just an idea, i checked for a couple minutes and
didnt find one but maybe its already done :)

Waitman