Unable to upgrade packages on FreeBSD

Eduardo Morras nec556 at retena.com
Thu Feb 2 18:52:52 UTC 2012

At 19:16 01/02/2012, David Jackson wrote:

>They seem to have failed because they couldn't find the package on the
>download site. Other errors I got were that the package it had downloaded
>had an "unrecognized format".
>
>I did not save them, there is really no way to save a copy of them unless I
>copy them by hand. I will have to rerun the commands to get the error
>messages and then transfer them by hand.

In my first mail i didn't think about this, but:

In your OP you don't say the version of FreeBSD you're running. Show
a uname -a please. Is it a RELEASE, like 8.2-RELEASEpx? If it's a
RELEASE perhaps you don't know that the packages are frozen but all
are known to work  without problems. Switch to -STABLE if you want
access newer packages but perhaps there will be problems with them
from time to time. Check -stable maillist.

HTH