Clang and ports

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:41:12 UTC 2012

I know that build cluster lists some ports that have problems with
clang, but it doesn't say if they're tested or not.  I set up a clang
jail to test out things before switching to clang for general use.  When
I try running mencoder to encode a file to x264, it seg faults.
Changing options doesn't change anything.  A gdb backtrace points to
x264 being the problem.  Everything compiles and installs, but the
build's useless.  Is clang ready for ports, or is it only safe for
kernel/world?