Identifying at jobs

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Thu Feb 2 05:18:17 UTC 2012

I've been curious about this for a long time.

Say I have three jobs scheduled with at, as seen with atq:

# atq
Date                            Owner           Queue   Job#
Thu Jan 12 22:12:00 EET 2012    root            c       6931
Fri Jan 13 03:44:00 EET 2012    root            c       6932
Fri Jan 13 04:01:00 EET 2012    root            c       6933

How do I tell which job does what? I can see the files corresponding
to jobs in /var/at/jobs:

# ls -l /var/at/jobs
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel     6 Jan 12 18:05 .SEQ
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     0 Dec 10  2007 .lockfile
-rwx------  1 root  wheel  1096 Jan 12 12:15 c01b130151521c
-rwx------  1 root  wheel  1096 Jan 12 17:45 c01b1401515368
-rwx------  1 root  wheel  1091 Jan 12 18:05 c01b1501515379

If I look into one of the files, say c01b1501515379, I can see the
command I have scheduled at the end of the file. But how do I tell
which of these files corresponds to which Job# in atq output? I'd like
to remove one of the jobs with atrm, but I can't figure out, which job
I need to remove.

--
Toomas Aas