Unable to upgrade packages on FreeBSD

Eduardo Morras nec556 at retena.com
Wed Feb 1 08:33:03 UTC 2012

At 11:42 31/01/2012, you wrote:
>While your offer is made with the best of intentions, I doubt the
>project would feel able take you up on it.  The problem is simply one of
>security -- while crowd-sourcing package compilation would be a pretty
>sweet technical solution to much of the scaling and resource cost
>problems, it offers far too much opportunity for people up-to-no-good to
>be able to introduce trojans, spyware and so forth.

No no, i didn't said i will make them manually, i wanted to said that
i can add one server amd64 to the pool of automate servers that make
the packages, i think it works automatically and distribute workload
like boinc or other similar net. About the people which introduce
trojans, rootkits etc... i didn't think on that issue and is really a
very important stopper.

With the rest of your mail, i agree with you, my idea was completly
halfthinked (is it the correct word?).

Mental Note to remember: Beside daemons, there are devils.