Wine-fbsd64 updated to 1.5.20 (32bit Wine for 64bit FreeBSD)

Jens Jahnke jan0sch at gmx.net
Sat Dec 29 07:43:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 07:42:02 +0200
David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com> wrote:

DN> > On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:27:11 +0200
DN> > David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com> wrote:
DN> >
DN> > DN> Since it is possible to install the existing pkg
DN> > DN> packages in a pkgng environment (which I do) this is not a
DN> > DN> high priority.
DN> >
DN> > is there a documentation for that? I searched the pkgng docs but
DN> > found nothing regarding installation of "old" packages or
DN> > converting them to a newer version.
DN>
DN> Use the old `pkg_ng` command to install the package. As long as the
DN> files installed with the old and the new package tools are mutually
DN> exclusive you shouldn't have a problem.
DN>
DN> If you patch your ports tree with the wine-fbsd64 diff then it is
DN> possible to use `pkg2ng` to convert to the pkgng format. (Although
DN> I have never tested that, see documentation for pkg2ng and `pkg
DN> create`).

meanwhile I've succeeded in building wine from ports using a 32bit
system under /compat/i386 following the instructions in the freebsd
wiki. I needed some tweaks which I documented here:
https://makandracards.com/jan0sch/13429-installing-wine-under-freebsd-8-amd64

Regards,

Jens

--
29. Julmond 2012, 08:38
Homepage : http://www.jan0sch.de

Still looking for the glorious results of my misspent youth.
Say, do you have a map to the next joint?