FreeBSD as an Access Point

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sat Dec 22 02:20:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, dweimer wrote:

> I have been having a lot of performance issues with my home wireless,
> and am considering replacing the current APs early next year.  I
> wanted something a little more flexible than the standard consumer AP,
> without spending the money for a high end Cisco AP (I do realize that
> the hardware will run me in the range of their low end APs).  My early
> searching shows I should be able to get an Alix board, Wireless Card,
> and Antennas for around $300.

Not really an answer to the question, but maybe a solution to the
problem... At my work we deploy a fair amount of wi-fi at clients'
sites. The access points we like are Pakedge brand. These are solid,
high-powered industrial-grade equipment, and in your price range. For
what it's worth.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]