FreeBSD as an Access Point

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Dec 21 21:12:30 UTC 2012

Just wondering if anyone has used FreeBSD (or NanoBSD) on any small
form factor broads such as PC Engines Alix, or similar hardware.  And
how well it has worked for them, and what hardware they used.

I have been having a lot of performance issues with my home wireless,
and am considering replacing the current APs early next year.  I wanted
something a little more flexible than the standard consumer AP, without
spending the money for a high end Cisco AP (I do realize that the
hardware will run me in the range of their low end APs).  My early
searching shows I should be able to get an Alix board, Wireless Card,
and Antennas for around $300.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer