new backup server file system options

yudi v yudi.tux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:49:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am building a new freebsd fileserver to use for backups, will be using 2
disk raid mirroring in a HP microserver n40l.
I have gone through some of the documentation and would like to know what
file systems to choose.

According to the docs, ufs is suggested for the system partitions but
someone on the freebsd irc channel suggested using zfs for the rootfs as
well

Are there any disadvantages of using zfs for the whole system rather than
going with ufs for the system files and zfs for the user data?

--
Kind regards,
Yudi