about unattended installation

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:50:24 UTC 2012

Though I do have a need for completely unattended and/or network installs,
I don't have a need to continue with sysinstall.cfg. Whatever is done, be
sure not to hobble any new installer out of some perceived need to be
backwards compatible, or invest much time in being so. Writing and using
a config isn't that hard.

Since drives tend to be shuffled about, keying different configs off MAC
address from shell has been nice. A MAC primitive in the config vs.
old ifconfig could be handy. As might any smbios serial options.