Atheros, AirPort Extreme, WPA issues

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Thu Dec 20 00:39:47 UTC 2012

I'm having issues using an ath(4) AR5212 card to connect FreeBSD 8.2 to the Internet via an Apple AirPort Extreme with WPA protection. Basically the ath/wlan combo associates to the network and can send packets fine but receiving fails. The is seen when you try to negotiate a DHCP lease. I have this combo working with a Novatel MiFi and an Airport Express but the extreme fails.

If you have this combo working I'd love to exchange an email or so. I can provide my configs when I get back to my test rig.

Thanks
  Chris

Sent from my iPhone