wifi support?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:01:56 UTC 2012

On 12/19/12 08:59, Thuban wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to try freebsd, but I need to know if my wifi card will be
> usable.
> A lspci under debian returns :
> 02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE
> 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)
>
> Can you tell me where I can find if this card is supported or not?
>
> Thank you.

RealTek wifi support is nil in 9.x (I have a RealTek wireless and wired
in my laptop and only the wired works). You'll have to use ndistulator
to get RealTek wifi under FreeBSD (its how its done in Linux afaik).

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org