Upgrading FreeBSD 8.3 amd64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:42:43 UTC 2012

Hi :)

first I tried to install FreeBSD 9.0 64bit by the default installer, but
it didn't work, then I installed PC-BSD 8.2 and it worked, after that I
tried 9.0 again, but I choose sysinstall, it also failed.

Now I've got FreeBSD 8.3 64bit installed, installing it worked without
issues. I later today need to set up FreeBSD.

The self-doubts that I'm an idiot are gone ;), I did the same as I tried
to do for 9.0. The 9.0 media's checksum and the burners verifying after
burning were ok.

I want to test snd_hdspe. How can I upgrade from 8.2 to a version
including the driver or something similar to get the driver?
Btw. I didn't test, if the driver is part of 8.3 until now :D, but if
IIUC I need >= 9.0.

Regards,
Ralf